Hey Beautiful People,
I wasn’t sure if I was going to post this blog. It has taken me so long to even write it that I was going to let this day go by without posting it, but something was like no. You need to post this because someone needs to be free from their bondage. I created this blog with the intent of sharing and motivating individuals through my life hence the name of the blog. I didn’t think I would get that personal until now.
There are things we do or go through in our lives that we have keep secretive that we would be ashamed of if people knew what we did behind closed doors or keep hidden. This was my shame yet my addiction. I was addicted to pornography and masturbation. If I was Superman this would be my kryptonite. I mean I would watch it all day and want to masturbate every chance I got. It got to a point I did it secretly in public without a care in the world. I just wanted to feed my flesh desires. I know it was wrong but how could I stop doing something that I started when I was three and I was introduce to pornography at young age when I saw my brother watching it and become intrigued and then hooked like a baited fish.
Over the years, I tried hard to break this habit but it just didn’t seem to work because every time my flesh yearned for it I did it. It got so bad as time progressed especially when I got introduced to phone sex. Guys, when I tell you that phone sex rocked my world and flipped it upside down. All I wanted to do was find guys who voice sounded appealing to me and listen to them tell me things that sexually aroused me. I knew what I was doing was wrong but I didn’t know how to stop. I tried praying but I felt that I wasn’t being genuine with it because I would fall again into this act.
There were times, when I felt to dirty and shameful to go to God and ask Him forgiveness and deliver me from this bondage. There were times when I would go and try my own curing experiment when I would try go weeks or month without doing it. I failed miserably. It didn’t helped that I was talking to a guy that made me what to masturbate every time I spoke to him. I had friends who would tell their sex escapes and it made me envious because here I was a virgin and they are doing what I wanted.
I couldn’t take it something had to give. It finally came when my cousins who had the same problem decided that we are going to do a purity walk because it was time live our life in pure and holy for God in everything not just sexual manner. I was excited because this was finally my breakthrough. I was finally going to be free this habit. I tried but within the first month I failed with a capital F but I keep trying because I made a conscious decision this was going to be a battle and that I needed to truly surrender it to God and He will kick this habit for me.
When I tell you that this journey is hard and there are times I failed and submitted to my fleshly urges, but I instead of feeling ashamed or bad like I did in the past. I would go to God and ask for forgiveness and strength to overcome those desires. I wrote this blog post to tell you that you are not alone in this journey of whatever battle or stronghold you are facing. You have someone who is here for you and to strengthen you in your time of weakness and that person is God.
You don’t have to feel ashamed anymore or imprisoned. You can give it to God. He will break those bondage. Jesus is the true savior which why He died on that cross some 2,000 years because He wanted you to know that He has freed you. John 3:17 states, “For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him.” So my friend whatever you feel the enemy telling you that you can’t overcome remember Galatians 5:1 states, “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.”
I’ll share some tips that can help you on this journey:
- Daily ask for strength. You have to constantly have constantly ask for strength about this stronghold because this is the way that you can overcome because you can’t rely on your strength but the strength of the Lord alone. Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
2. Get an accountability partner. Find some you trust and can hold you accountable to overcome your stronghold. This is someone who you feel comfortable sharing your thoughts with. 1 Thessalonians 5:11, “Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.”
3. Join a Support Group. Ecclesiastes 4:12,”And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.”
4. Pray. God always makes a way out so talk to Him when you feel like you are overwhelmed. Corinthians 10:13,”No temptation[a] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[b] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[c] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”
5. Be Persistent:When you succumb to the urges, don’t be hard on yourself just try again until you get it right. 2 Thessalonians 3:13 As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good.
This was first time I actually told wrote about this on a social media platform but I felt that the Lord was leading me to share my story. So be encourage and if have questions, feel free to email me or leave me a comment down below.
Well folks, until next time
Peace, Love and Fashion,